Sensing Evolution App
Discover some of the most important ideas in the theory of evolution with TVís Steve Backshall and Professor Alice Roberts in a treasure hunt-style trail around the Oxford University Museum of Natural History.
Sensing Evolution presents the Museum of Natural History in a new way, using the gallery displays to unlock crucial ideas about evolution: How does life adapt, how does it change, and how did we get to be here at all?
Designed to be used during a visit to the Museum, the Sensing Evolution app unlocks videos as you approach the locations on the trail, including the innovative Sensing Evolution touchable displays (pictured right).
Download the app now for iOS . Android version coming soon
Watch the introductory videos from Steve Backshall and Professor Alice Roberts:
Inside the Sensing Evolution app:
- Two levels of trail: Discover, presented by Steve Backshall, for children aged 8+ and families; and Investigate, presented by Professor Alice Roberts, for teenagers and adults.
- Locate displays in the Museum to introduce some key ideas in the theory of evolution, including natural selection, sexual selection, heredity and genetic variation, fossil evidence, and more.
- Designed for school groups and general visitors, with links to National Curriculum themes on Evolution (schools can book an education session and borrow the Museumís iPads).
- Multi-choice questions pick up important ideas in the videos.
- If you want to use the app outside the Museum unlock codes are available for download here.
For app support please email email@example.com