Archives and Library: links and further reading
For further information about Museum's archives, the University's library system, and natural history libraries throughout the United Kingdom browse the list of hyperlinks and references below.
- SOLO Search Oxford Libraries Online
- Bodleian Libraries
- Oxford Digital Library
- British Library OPAC
- Consortium of Research Libraries CURL
- Natural History Museum, London, Library and Archives
- National Archives
- Royal Entomological Society (St Albans)
- Geological Society of London
- Acland, H. W. and Ruskin, J. (1859) The Oxford Museum. London: Smith, Elder.
- Blau, E. (1982) Ruskinian gothic: the architecture of Deane and Woodward, 1845-1861. Princeton: Princeton University Press.
- Davies, K. C. and Hull, J. (1976) The Zoological Collections of the Oxford University Museum: a historical review and general account, with comprehensive donor index to the year 1975. Oxford: Oxford University Museum.
- Garnham, Trevor (1992) Oxford Museum: Deane and Woodward. London: Phaidon Press Ltd.
- Haward, B. (1991) Oxford University Museum: its architecture and art. Oxford: Oxford University Museum. (Essentially a reprint of an article published in The Architects' Journal, 27 September 1989.)
- Hewison, Robert(1996) Ruskin and Oxford: the art of education. Oxford: Clarendon Press.
- Morgan, Paul (1973) Oxford libraries outside the Bodleian: a guide. Oxford: Oxford Bibliographical Society.
- Morrell, Jack (2005) John Phillips and the business of Victorian science. Aldershot: Ashgate Publishing Ltd.
- O'Dwyer, F. (1997) The architecture of Deane and Woodward. Cork: Cork University Press.
- Raphael, Sandra (1977) Natural history books and manuscripts in Oxford University libraries. Journal of the Society for the Bibliography of Natural History. 8(2):108-119.
- Read, Benedict and Barnes, Joanna (editors) (1991) Pre-Raphaelite sculpture: nature and imagination in British sculpture, 1848-1914. London: The Henry Moore Foundation in association with Lund Humphries.
- Simcock, A. V. (1984) The Ashmolean Museum and Oxford Science, 1683-1983. Oxford: Museum of the History of Science.
- Smith, A. Z. (1986) A history of the Hope Entomological Collections in the University Museum, Oxford. Oxford: Clarendon Press.
- Vernon, H. M. and K. D. (1909) A history of the Oxford Museum. Oxford: Clarendon Press.
- Watson, K. D. (1994) Sources for the history of science in Oxford. Oxford: Modern History Faculty, University of Oxford.
- Yanni, Carla (1999) Nature's museums: Victorian science & the architecture of display. London: The Athlone Press, 1999.
Enquiries regarding the libraries should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org